Board Service Basics is Back!
August 23, 2023
Vail Valley Partnership
This podcast was originally recorded in 2021, but this amazing course is offered annually. For upcoming course dates, visit www.vailvalleyworks.org.
We at Vail Valley Partnership are really excited about these guests. We've been following the work of Dr. Jill McCrory and Dr. Steve Swafford with Leadership Outfitters. These are two nationally recognized educators and they join us for a conversation about a one-day program they will be leading called Board Service Basics. This is coming directly from our interaction with businesses asking for more community diversity on their boards, as well as the community wanting to serve.
- The “Nuts & Bolts” (organizational structure, governance, tax status, financial documents, Robert’s Rules of Order, etc)
- Roles & expectations of a board member
- Questions to ask when you’re approached to sit on a board of directors
- Finding your passion & strengths as they relate to board service
- Understanding communication styles, emotional intelligence and motivating factors
- Individual & organizational values
- Managing healthy conflict
- Working in and with teams
- Elements of powerful, healthy, and successful partnerships
- Implementing steps for effective collaboration
- Local Eagle County case studies